Engaging the Culture
Christians are called to support the institutions of family, church, and government, according to God’s design and purpose.
The Importance of Social Responsibility
We believe that God has ordained the social institutions of family, church, and government for the benefit of mankind and as a reflection of His divine nature. Therefore, Christians are called to support these institutions, according to God’s design and purpose, and to protect them against destructive social influences. Such involvement is in obedience to Christ’s lordship over all creation and is required by His command to care for the well-being of all people.
“For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and they will become one flesh.” Genesis 2:24
“And God placed all things under His feet and appointed Him to be head over everything for the church, which is His body.” Ephesians 1:22-23a
“Everyone must submit himself to the governing authorities, for there is no authority except that which God has established. The authorities that exist have been established by God.” Romans 13:1
- Thanksgiving is a Vaccination Against Liberalism, and an Antidote to the Modern Left November 23, 2020
- Black Lives Matter Activist Says ‘BREATHE Act’ Needed to Defund Police and Close Prisons November 23, 2020
- Congressman Banks Introduces New Bill to Combat Voter Fraud in Federal Elections November 23, 2020
What is The Daily Citizen?
The Daily Citizen exists to be your most trustworthy news source. Our team of analysts is devoted to giving you timely and relevant analysis of current events and cultural trends – all from a biblical worldview – so that you can be inspired and assured that the information you share with others comes from a reliable source. Visit TheDailyCitizen.org to learn more.
- Encouragement for the Single Life November 23, 2020Life as a single adult can be daunting, especially when it comes to maintaining a high moral standard in a romantic relationship. How can Christian women honor God in their dating? Cheryl Martin asked herself that question many times over the years about her own singleness. She decided, “Until I’m married, I don’t want to […]
What is DALYFocus?
Jim Daly is a husband, father and President of Focus on the Family and host of its National Radio Hall of Fame broadcast. His blog, Daly Focus, is full of timely commentary and wisdom designed to help you navigate and understand today’s culture. Visit Jimdaly.Focusonthefamily.com to learn more
- Three Wise Men is Fun, Poetic Ride Through Nativity Story November 20, 2020
- The Plugged In Show, Episode 52: TV State of the Union November 19, 2020
- What Is Doomscrolling? November 17, 2020
What is the PluggedIn Blog?
Good media discernment is about guarding our eyes and hearts before we watch or listen. And it’s also about grappling with the entertainment we do see or hear. That’s why the Plugged In Blog is devoted to guarding, discussing and grappling. Visit Pluggedin.Focusonthefamily.com to learn more